ESVE stands for the European Society of Veterinary Endocrinology. ESVE is affiliated with the European College of Verterinary Internal Medicine (ECVIM-CA) and the Society for Comparative Endocrinology (SCE).
The Society functions exclusively as a non-profit making organisation within the meaning of the Tax law of the country where the Society is registered. Use of the funds of the Society are solely for purposes associated with its objectives as laid down in the Constitution.
The objectives of the Society are:
- To further scientific progress in comparative endocrinology, especially aspects concerning companion and domestic animals.
- To co-ordinate research in comparative endocrinology.
- To provide an organisation for persons dedicated to research, teaching, or practice in the field of comparative endocrinology.
- To further education by:
- Encouraging adequate training in comparative endocrinology
- Disseminating information by means of scientific meetings, seminars and courses in comparative endocrinology.
- To encourage and promote improved methods of diagnosis, treatment and prevention of endocrine diseases of animals.
- To provide an affiliation with the European Society of Veterinary Internal Medicine for the purpose of exchanging information on comparative endocrinology.